This event really needs no introduction as just about everybody comes! This is Salisbury’s most popular race meeting of the season with great racing and all sorts of fantastic prizes for the ‘Best Dressed Ladies’.
The evening racing is immediately followed by the internationally acclaimed Björn Again show, performing ABBA's greatest hits. Created and founded in 1988 in Melbourne, by Australian Director and Musician Rod Stephen, the Björn Again show has amassed nearly 5,000 performances in 71 countries in 27 years.
All the prizes for the 'Best Dressed Competition' will be arranged in due course. The Judges for the 'Best Dressed Competitions' will be roaming around both the Bibury Enclosure and Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure looking for potential winners.
All enclosures are combined into one for the 75 minute concert after racing by Björn Again.
It is a main event of the summer and extra journey time is recommended.
Join us for our huge annual Sponsored walk around the beautiful Wilton Estate by kind permission of Stars Appeal president, the Earl of Pembroke.
- Choice of family friendly 3km route, new 5k (a challenging route, following the 10km walk but does not take in the woodland area), or the more challenging 10km route!
- Free to enter, free lunch and free admission to the Wilton House grounds and huge adventure playground afterwards
- All participants must raise a minimum £15 sponsorship - we hope you’ll raise lots more!
- Walk to raise funds to benefit local people in the ward/department of your choice.
- All Walks start together at approx.10.30am (full arrival details given upon registration)
On Saturday, July 2nd from 1-4pm, we will be hosting anotherSummer Garden Party to launch the 2016 October programme and raise funds for our festival.
Following the sell-out party last year, Celebrate Voice will opens its doors once again to create an open event in celebration of its upcoming festival, in the beautiful surroundings of a private garden in Salisbury's cathedral close.
Presenting a music performance at 2pm, the event features professional opera singers, community singing from the Riverside Singers, and a host of talented young vocalists from our city. Punters can also enjoy garden games, a luxury raffle, tea, cakes and sandwiches, and interactive music-making for the entire audience.
Tickets are only £5 on the gate (or can be reserved through our contact page), accompanied children and Festival Friends are FREE. Venue: 56A The Cathedral Close, Salisbury