Throughout 2014, we will be inviting some really great businesses to join us as “Guest Bloggers” They will be giving help advice and information that we hope you our followers will enjoy reading.
Our guest last month was Lulu Mungur, Director of Damsels in Success Salisbury, who spoke about Unleashing your Inner Superstar.
This month we are really lucky to be joined by Catherine Dunning of Ladies Who Love…Events and organiser of the Wiltshire Wedding Show.
Planning your wedding? Then plan with fun and ease at a local Wedding Show!
Wow! How can it be March already? Yet another year is racing on by and before we know it, wedding season will soon be in full swing. We know not all Brides and Grooms will tie the knot during our warmer Spring, Summer and Autumn months and when winter weddings, especially Christmas ones can be such magical and cosy occasions, complete with log fire, fairy lights, mulled wine and mince pie trimmings, why would they! However, it would appear the majority of UK couples still prefer to celebrate their big day between now and late September… so wedding suppliers everywhere are gearing up for a busy old time ahead.
There are hundreds of newly-engaged and excited couples all over the country just starting to plan their big day, and of course there are those who are well on their wedding planning journeys but still keen to gather new ideas and inspiration – can you ever have enough?
But … when it comes down to the nitty gritty and suppliers need to be secured, where do you start? Organising a wedding is no mean feat; there is SO much to arrange (that’s unless you’re eloping for a secret celebration, just the two of you)! There’s the venue, dresses, groomswear, rings, cakes, flowers, stationery, transport and of course the photography all to arrange … and how about the hair, make-up, entertainment, catering, venue decoration and everything else that comes with staging such an important special event. It can be equally as overwhelming as it is exciting … and where do you find the suppliers who will help you make the right decisions and work within your budget? With glossy wedding magazines in abundance and the internet overflowing with wedding blogs and dedicated wedding directories, you might think it’s easy, but sometimes having too much choice can make deciding on your suppliers somewhat of a headache. How do you know which ones to approach and how do you know you’re going to like their stuff and more importantly … like them!
Since John Rose Photography is exhibiting at the forthcoming Wiltshire Wedding Show we organise (taking place on Sunday 16th March from 11am to 4pm at City Hall, Salisbury), we thought it would be a timely opportunity to share with you our favourite reasons why local Brides and Grooms-to-be, should pay us a visit, so here we go :
1) It’s the county’s premier Wedding event! You’re engaged! You’re excited! Whatever style of wedding you’re planning, whether it be classic, country, vintage, modern, quirky or traditional, naturally you’ll want to gather as much inspiration and as many ideas, and info on local wedding suppliers as possible. A visit to the Wiltshire Wedding Show, will give Brides & Grooms the opportunity to meet 60 quality wedding suppliers from Salisbury and right across the region, offering products and services to appeal to everyone.
2) We promise a feast for your senses! You’ll be able to see, touch, smell, listen to and even taste a variety of fantastic products and services on offer (you can’t do that by merely flicking through a wedding mag or browsing the net)!
3) We have the most amazing exhibitors … and you’ll be able to plan your WHOLE wedding under one roof! You’ll be able to meet and discuss your ideas and requirements with some of the most creative and passionate wedding suppliers in the industry in the good old-fashioned way … face to face! We have pretty much every area covered, so technically you could plan your whole wedding at the Wiltshire Wedding Show – how brilliant is that! Job done!
4) Everyone loves a bargain! Many of the exhibitors choose to run exclusive offers at the event, so with the average cost of a wedding nowadays costing £20K+, budget-conscious Brides and Grooms can snap up special show savings which may not otherwise be available.
5) There’s music and modelling (no mayhem)! Brides and Grooms can enjoy live entertainment throughout the day and admire the most stunning Bridal Gowns, Groomswear and Millinery in our professional catwalk shows.
6) Get a helping hand with your wedding shopping! Come for your chance to win a share of £200 worth of John Lewis Gift Vouchers to spend in store.
7) It’s a fun way to plan your day! Weddings are meant to be fun – it is a celebration after all! We feel that planning your wedding should be fun too and a visit to the Wiltshire Wedding Show is fun from the moment you arrive. We’ll greet you with a refreshing glass of complimentary chilled bubbly (our toast to your engagement), then you can freely browse the many exhibits and meet our exhibitors (they're a really friendly fun bunch)! Stop for a hair/make-up consultation, enjoy the sounds of Live Sax, nibble on some cake, dip the chocolate fountain or help yourself to some of the complimentary foodie treats we'll be sharing around, let our magician show you some tricks, try things on, sit back and enjoy the catwalk shows, admire the cars and treat yourself to something tasty from our yummy show Hogroast.
There’s plenty to keep you busy, so no need to rush off. Come along and enjoy a great day out – we and John Rose Photography will see you there.
Catherine Dunning - Ladies Who Love........Events
Information : To find out more about the Wiltshire Wedding Show and to see who’s exhibiting, visit www.wiltshireweddingshow.co.uk. Admission is £5pp or half price with a show voucher. Accompanied under 16s – FREE.
PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY: